It may not feel like it right now, but June is just around the corner. Time to start gearing up for the annual Walk for the Animals!
A few things are different about this year’s Walk.
1. There’s a run, too! Prefer to show your support at a faster pace? Do the 5K Doggie Fun Run! The run will happen earlier in the morning–just before the Walk.The route extends from Battery Park up North Street, down Depot Street, to the bike path, and up to North Beach, where runners will loop back around (3.5 miles). All runner must have a canine running buddy. We’re limiting the 5K to 100 participants, on a first-come, first-served basis–so register early!And if you need a cool-down session, you can do the Walk afterwards, too.
2. No vendors. We love celebrating the day with local pet businesses and organizations, but this year, it’s all about YOU! Our goal is to get as many people from our community participating as possible. Can you help us spread the word? Let’s aim for 1,000 participants!
3. We’re parading down Church Street! This year, our route for the Walk extends from Battery Park to Main Street, to Church Street, and back down Pearl Street to the park (1.25 miles). Let’s give our cause more visibility!
Schedule for Sunday, June 9th at Battery Park, Burlington:
Run registration opens: 8 AM
Run begins: 8:30 AM
Walk registration opens: 10 AM
Walk begins: 11 AM
We raise money for this event by asking the participants to get sponsored to run or walk. Will you help fundraise for us?
- You can create your own fundraising page online here, or
- Register and fundraise offline.
Participants who raise at least $100 get a free collectible T-shirt featuring the artwork above (by Yellow Dog Art)!
Download tips for fundraising here, or give our director of development & outreach, Megan, a call (fundraising is her job!). Click here to email her, or call (802) 862-0135 x 15.